Dealing with Stress in Agriculture
For Connecticut farmers and their families
Are you at risk? In Crisis call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or 211 in CT, or Text “CT” to 741741.
In an Emergency call or text 911
COVID-19 Resources – The worldwide pandemic involving COVID-19 (coronavirus) has produced unprecedented challenges in the agricultural community and around the world. UConn Extension has curated many resources for our audiences.
Resources for Managing Stress During a Pandemic
Dr. Heidi Radunovich, a licensed clinical psychologist at UF/IFAS has put together a presentation regarding managing stress during a pandemic. It is a great presentation with things that can be done individually and within families.
Resources from the December 5th, 2019 Connecticut Ag Wellness Summit
Resources available in Connecticut
- Suicide Prevention
- Mobile Crisis Intervention Services– 211; Youth ; Adults:
- Talk It Out Line for Parents & Caregivers: 1(833)528-5011; www.TalkItOutCT.com
- Gizmo’s Pawesome Guide to Mental Health: www.Gizmo4MentalHealth.org
- Crisis Text Line: Text CT to 741741; www.crisistextline.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline –1(800)273-TALK (8255) or 211 in CT; www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Similar to CPR training, QPR training teaches anyone how to respond to help prevent suicide
- Stress on the Farm: Strategies that Help
- Farm Stress Resources from: ISU Extension and Outreach Dairy TEAM