Dealing with Stress in Agriculture
For Connecticut farmers and their families
Are you at risk? In Crisis call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or 211 in CT, or Text “CT” to 741741.
In an Emergency call or text 911
Mental Wellness Videos:
Making Mental Health a Priority Within CT Agricluture 2021
COVID-19 ResourcesÂ -Â The worldwide pandemic involving COVID-19 (coronavirus) has produced unprecedented challenges in the agricultural community and around the world. UConn Extension has curated many resources for our audiences.
Resources for Managing Stress During a Pandemic
Dr. Heidi Radunovich, a licensed clinical psychologist at UF/IFAS has put together a presentation regarding managing stress during a pandemic. It is a great presentation with things that can be done individually and within families.
Resources from the December 5th, 2019 Connecticut Ag Wellness Summit
Resources available in Connecticut
- Suicide Prevention
- Mobile Crisis Intervention Servicesâ 211;Â YouthÂ Â ;Â Adults:Â Â
- Talk It Out Line for Parents & Caregivers: 1(833)528-5011;Â www.TalkItOutCT.comÂ Â
- Gizmoâs Pawesome Guide to Mental Health:Â www.Gizmo4MentalHealth.org
- Crisis Text Line: Text CT to 741741;Â www.crisistextline.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline â1(800)273-TALK (8255) or 211 in CT;Â Â www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Similar to CPR training, QPR training teaches anyone how to respond to help prevent suicide
- Stress on the Farm: Strategies that Help
- Farm Stress Resources from:Â ISU Extension and Outreach Dairy TEAM